We’re so excited to share our interview with our Vice President and one of our valued photographers, Catherine Eichel!
• Tell us about your business, Catherine Eichel Photography! Where are you based out of and what’s your favorite thing about the wedding industry?
Buena Vista, Colorado // My favorite thing about the industry is how high the bar is in Colorado for the wedding vendors – we push each other to become better at our jobs and to constantly learn new ways to provide better photos.
• How long have you lived in the area and what brough you here?
I moved to our beautiful valley in September of 2017. The glorious number of 14ers and the sweet promise of summits are what brought me here (and made me fall in love with it!)
• Are you a water or mountain person?
Both! I lived on the east coast for years and adore ocean kayaking and late night beach parties. But those mountains, they firmly have my heart as well.
• Where are you from initially?
I was lucky enough to grow up in Zanesville, a great little town in southeast Ohio.
• If you could be apart of any celebrities wedding, whose would it be?
Willy Wonka, obviously. I would convince him & his partner to end the night by jumping in the chocolate river.
• What do you love most about being apart of weddings?
Oh gosh. So much. Weddings are just the whole kit & kaboodle of the human experience – emotional, joyful, meaningful. You get to take these epic mountain photos and also these beautiful candid moments in between. I get to meet everyone’s family and friends and just be part of this wild, uninhibited joy as a couple starts their new life together. I just don’t know what could be better.
• Tell us a little bit about what you’re doing when you’re not working?
Getting rowdy on those 14ers!!!
• What do you love most about where we live?
How easy it is to get to our great outdoors – no traffic, no stress, all fun.
• If you could have any other job in the world what would it be?
Being a photographer is all I want to be, even in my wildest fantasies. As soon as I did my first family shoot, my life just clicked into place – I knew this was the only path forward for me.
• What was the last song you listened to (on purpose)?
Hahahaha! Can’t ever get enough of Sylvan Esso.